This is my third draft of this blog. The first was fear and shock. The second was major anger. Then, after I ranted on for over an hour (and over 15 pages – eek), I looked back at my first blog this year. My promise to myself was to have more fun, a happier new year so here goes:
· I am 57 years old. Disabled single mother of a disabled daughter. (strikes one and two – disabled and female)
· I have worked since I was 12 years old and even sold sweet corn for an elderly farmer in upper Wisconsin. (You never forget your first real job!) If you count the chores growing up on a farm, then I have worked forever (started young with the responsibility of feeding the barn cats and farm dog). (One for the plus side – low-income worker)
· I remember when Kennedy was shot. Martin Luther King was shot. Nixon did not go to jail for Watergate but got a full pardon from his VP turned President. Carter, Regan, 2 Bushes, Clinton, Obama but none of them actually scared me – this one does! (strike three – believing in the good in everything idea.)
· I/we own a gun and believe in our right to bear arms – pretty sure we are going to need it now. (oh, ouch, strike four – believing there will be a war on US soil within the next four years).
· I believe in my right to voice my opinion, and not to follow any Hitler-type brainwashing scams. (Oh now I did it – strike five, compared to evil from the past.)
Now that I have struck out under the new regime, here are my goals for my/our future:
· I believe in stocking up our pantry to the point of overflowing.
· I believe in getting alternative energy on our farm immediately. This may require starting small – but any start is a good start.
· I believe in protecting all that we have worked so hard to obtain from any that will try to take it from us.
· I believe in keeping myself and my loved ones as healthy as possible because the idea of any medical help is now gone. This will include learning more natural methods and growing more of our own herbs and plants to assist in this.
· I believe in getting to work on an underground root cellar (or bomb shelter) as soon as possible to store more things for family and friends.
Maybe the resurgence of TV shows depicting the way life was before the 1960’s is an omen. Women and minorities have just lost all of their battles for at least the last five decades. The big corporations are going to get bigger, worse, and do more harm than they have already done. The small business does not stand a chance. And, of course, Congress will be Congress.
The happy side to all this:
· Hmmm, let me think on this a bit… OH, I HAVE IT – THE ZOMBIE APPOCALYPS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER, AND I BELIEVE THAT RICK, DARRYL AND CAROL WILL SAVE US ALL!
5 thoughts on “I WILL BE HAPPY – I WILL BE HAPPY – I WILL BE HAPPY??”
To be honest I didn’t think he would get in. I was genuinely against Hilary and everything she flip/flops on…
But I really did think this was the time of the third party for you Americans.
In a way the DNC did this to you. Don’t get angry with those that voted for Trump. Get angry at those who stood by as she broke the rules, conspired with those in power and strong armed your only real candidate in order to get into the White House.
But here is what you should do. Talk to the one REAL woman who should have been VP this time. Talk to Elizabeth Warren… Get her to run next time, with Bernie as her VP.
Talk about your cake walks. B-)
LikeLiked by 1 person
I thought it was 3rd party time too…but apparently the people have spoke….I’m in shock too. New developments with me though…Karina…Glenn Doers sister has unfriended me on facebook becuase I talked mean about Trump…and Warren Hills’ wife thinks since I am on disability i’m getting a handout from the government. I thought they were smarter than that…I was wrong. Miss you all…at least you are all clear thinkers and can see we’re probably headed for a mess.
That like isn’t really a like, it’s a “Yup!” Hang tough.
Oh I remember most of them, too! My dad is 78 and has a minimal pension to fall back on, so with his poor health he is scared. I am worried for close family who aren’t ‘100% white’ and look it. I’m worried, but I am a worrier!
Worried and scared….waiting for the bomb to drop.
LikeLiked by 1 person