So. Had a wonderful white Christmas (sorry to all you Easterners – but I guess you all had enough last year to hold you over this year at least?!), and I began to ponder about 2016 – as you do. This is what I came up with…
My 2016 resolutions:
- LAUGH MORE.
2. LAUGH OFTEN.
3.LAUGH WITH FRIENDS
4. LAUGH AT SELF (don’t take things too serious, life is too short)
5. SMILE “HUGE” AT PEOPLE I DON’T KNOW.
6. IF THINGS GET ROUGH – REFER TO RESOLUTION #1.
A lot of you may dismiss this as being too simple and common place – WRONG!
Stop what you are doing right now and think back to this past year. This will only take a moment or two, as most of us cannot remember what we did yesterday (yep – happens to us all!). Can you remember any time you laughed so hard you had tears coming out? How about partying with friends and laughing so hard you had to run to the bathroom (been there, done that way too many times! Hee hee). If you don’t remember doing it this last year, something major is wrong in your life!
How about sharing a huge – teeth showing- smile/grin at a total stranger? Maybe at a checkout line at a store, or passing through the door of a quick stop place? What about a simple “hi” to someone you do not know – with a polite smile of course? Did you do any of these? Do you remember doing any of these? If not, you are missing out on something Colossal!!
- It does NOT cost you anything.
- It doesn’t hurt to do it (no, really it doesn’t hurt to smile – ok, ok, if you have been a grumpy Gus, you may be a bit rusty and the laugh lines might be a bit stiff and creaky, but it really won’t hurt! HONEST!!).
- Anyone and everyone can do it.
- Guaranteed to make your day a bit nicer – oh, and someone else’s too.